Monday, October 3, 2011

Weeks 3 & 4 Meetings with Prof. Zamary & Research
August 5 & 12, 2011

I was introduced to an organization that is local,
relevant, has a very moving story, 
and needs assistance in many areas. 

I have met with Professor Zamary three times during these weeks. He introduced me to a very touching story, that since the first moment I heard it, I really felt connected to it and began thinking about life in another way. The "Pedal with Pete" Foundation was created by Pete Zeidner in 1993 and it is focused in raising funds to sponsor cerebral palsy research in different institutions in the United States. Their mission is the following:


Mission- "Pedal-with-Pete is a philanthropic organization, dedicated to raising funds for research to improve the quality of life for persons with cerebral palsy.”

Pete was born with cerebral palsy condition but that didn't stop him from gaining an extraordinary physical condition, converting him into a professional cyclist, and most importantly, to obtain his College Degree in Business Administration from Kent State University. 

People involved in the research process:
Pete Zeidner Inspiring personality and organization founder
Craig Zamary @KSU Entrepreneur-In-Residence  
Victor A. Newman @KSU Undergrad student from Entrepreneur School
Simon Husted @KSU Journalism and Mass Comm Student YT video
Christopher Lintner @KSU Entrepreneur Coach

I learned that Pete was a Kent State Alumni, I also was introduced to the Pedal-with-pete foundation and their goals. I saw an interview that was made to Pete earlier in the year, as well as their websites in facebook, twitter, youtube, etc.

Website: http://pedal-with-pete.org/donate/
Facebook fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pedal-with-Pete-Foundation/89520332657
Twitter account: http://twitter.com/#!/pedalwithpete
Picassa Albums https://picasaweb.google.com/101097907538110183316 


After deciding that I was going to work for the Pedal-with-fundation, I began my basic information from the aid of Arturo Lara MD and Marcelo Brito MD and also began planning how my design process could help the foundation to get students actively participating in the cycling and fundraising events. I began by writing a list of research topics that are going to be vital for me to start my primary and secondary research project. Also I saved all web presence that Pete Zeidner and the Pedal-with-pete foundation presently have.

No comments: